Thursday, November 5, 2009

I <3 my Tweeple!


That's me in awe of the "devastatingly charming" @mbhulo! He set off a lot of bells and whistles at Heathrow.

What I love most about being on Twitter is the unbelievable mix of amazing people I get to meet in real life. In the last two weeks I met a number of the people I adore on Twitter on a trip to Europe. I met @redjives and @seddigh at a conference in Leiden, @mbhulo at Terminal 5 in Heathrow, and @marxculture in South Kensington. While in England, a friend @dariushimes to whom I was initially introduced through my Twitter friend @toddicus, suggested I go and visit the Hackelbury Fine Art Gallery. There, a favorite photographer of Darius and mine, Masao Yamamoto, was showing his newest work.

It was also on Twitter that I met @secondcinema a while back and had the opportunity to give an interview on my work on Iranian Cinema at the Carolina just before I headed to London. I love the Second Cinema interview which I have embedded below. But what thrills me more is that I can now say that I am iTunes downloadable. And you know what? THAT rocks!!!



Here is a video I captured of the Masao Yamamoto exhibit:




Here's a video from the conference on Iranian Cinema that @redjives & @seddigh attended and which I spoke at




And finally here is my interview with the sparkling Hilary Russo @secondcinema on Displaced Allegories: Post-Revolutionary Iranian Cinema